Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Arrival of Spring and A New Beginning, Pt. 2

Hello again, dear anonymous friend.
After a good nights rest, the strength of my eyes have returned, and I will resume the story of my brother's survival, who was previously pronounced dead, and his journey to Krespania:

The dinghy had been overturned by the waves, and he was left clinging to it for his life until the next day when the storm finally cleared and blue sky showed through the gray clouds.
He knew not where he was but after more hours of drifting around aimlessly in the boat he spotted land and made for it.
Once ashore he found a native of the land and learned that he had washed upon the southern shores of San Vey. The native was a regional guard, protecting the land from invaders, and knew the terrain well, therefore he guided Lennox over the rocky, treacherous mountains, across miles of land and through overgrown jungles, slashing down wild growth in the process of forging a path home.
He said that as he neared the capital city he encountered Valory D'Alvre, a San Veyan nobleman's daughter and a friend of ours from a few years back, who, because of her usual thirst for adventure was out in the wild, searching for some unknown creature.


It was an odd coincidence that they should have met, but after discovering his reasons for being there she accompanied them to the port Gansasia, where they hired a small sailboat to pass across to the continent of Asram and Agmar. The post is exceptionally slow for the reason that they are on the other side of the world, so she had not received the letter I had sent to her explaining the terrible news of his death, and was therefore mercifully spared the unnecessary mourning. I had dreaded telling her because I know how much she likes my brother, though she has not admitted her feelings publicly, I perceived it plainly enough and furthermore I believe the regards are mutual on the side of my brother. But I knew how this would effect her and was relieved greatly to find she had discovered Lennox himself before the letter.

Once they were across the channel, Lennox had chariots imported from his kingdom, Agmar, and they traveled at a swift pace to Steyloss port in Northern Agmar, where he had already sent word for his ship, The Ruler, to meet him there. There they boarded and traveled to Krespania.
His speed and determination to arrive here all proceeded from the root idea that he must be at my palace for my birthday and that thought alone is so precious to me; that he cares as much as to hastily travel across the countrysides not to miss it.

And that is the whole of it; my brother is alive and has journeyed halfway across the world in time for my birthday.
My mind is in a whirl, and I can hardly comprehend it all.
I have received a wonderful miracle beyond comparison: a chance to resolve past regrets, to speak the words that I desired to but could not any longer and to make amends for my selfish actions of before.
Not many have been given this rare opportunity, and I cherish it immensely.
Perhaps, all of the trial that I endured was for that express purpose: to teach me a lesson that would refine and better my soul, and I hope I have succeeded in the object of the lesson to improvement and not to failure.
May I welcome more lessons in the future with an open heart and not resist their values and furthermore not forget the ones I have learned in the past.

I suppose I could fill pages and pages with descriptions of my happiness and my reflections on how blessed I am, and what opportunities exist for me but I shall sum it all up in few words.
My heart feels as high as the sky, released of all it's burdens, and full of joyfulness and ecstasy to a such a high degree that I cannot contain it.
And gratitude in my heart to God is constant, forever grateful that He has allowed me to see my little brother again.

I cannot say much more to add to these above statements that will give you a better idea of my felicity so I will end with them.
Until I write again, my friend.


-Emerald de Gavrillac
Queen of Krespania

No comments:

Post a Comment